Think back to when you were a kid… traveling with the entire family was fun. Now traveling as parents with a couple of kids of your own can be a nightmare you would rather avoid. But with a little planning and lots of patience you can make this nightmare an enjoyable travel experience for your whole family.
Tips To Plan Kid Friendly Vacations:
• Meticulous planning is the only way by which you can ensure an enjoyable trip for the family. Nothing takes care of itself. Plan every small detail; never leave anything to chance especially when traveling with kids and family.
• Make bookings well in advance. Try to book at a hotel that offers entertainment options for the kids. Go for hotels that have swimming pools, parks, games area for the children. Find out the amusement avenues for the children nearby to the hotel of your choice.
• Get the kids to do their own packing. You can buy small bags for them, so that they can carry their own stuff. You will see how thrilled they are to do something that they thought only grown-ups could do.
• Pack a small bag with all the items your kid would possible need during journey. If infants are there, keep diapers, wet wipes and bottles handy. With elder children you must carry enough food and water while traveling. Children tend to get hungry and thirsty while they are traveling. This is more of boredom hunger. So keep games, books, video games ready while traveling. Plan small travel games that you can play with the family. Or you can read out stories to the kids. This will keep them busy.
• Stock up your first aid kit. Keep a stock of antiseptic creams, medicines for fever, stomach upsets and pain killers.
• Involve kids in all aspects of the travel. Tell them about the travel plans you have made for the family. Ask them for suggestions. Children might come up with such valuable suggestions that you might be surprised. All this will give them a feeling of responsibility. The more involved they feel the less trouble they will make.
• Encourage them to read about the destination. Quiz them on the historical aspects of the place you are visiting on vacation.
• You can think of innovative ways to make the trip interesting for the kids. If you are traveling by road then you can stop at places that will interest the kids. Let them stretch their legs, climb the trees to feel a bit adventurous.
Traveling with kids is not easy. You have to use your imagination to keep them occupied throughout the trip. Be prepared for all types of surprises with a smile. That’s the only way to make travel comfortable for your kids and family.