Cheap Cruise Vacation – How To Avoid Your Cheap Cruise Becoming Expensive
Heading into the winter months, the chances of grabbing cheap cruise holiday deal increases significantly and the trend in recent years seems to be strengthening in favor of many holiday seekers looking at this time of the year to head out into the open oceans for their vacation fun.
We are not going to spend time telling you where you can go to get a cheap cruise deal because the chances are that they will find you. This article is more about alerting you to the fact that much of the promotion is centered around making it attractive enough to take the plunge in the first place. However, it’s the on board costs that many may not be aware of and unless you take into account that there will be expenses to take care of during a cruise then your cheap cruise deal may not be so attractive after all.
6 Cruise Expenses You Need To Be Aware Of
Just be aware, while you may pay under $500 for that super Caribbean cruise experience, the cost may not be all inclusive which many believe could be the case.
In other words, while your initial cost will include some onboard privileges, the cost of staying on a ship for any length of time can be expensive. That’s not detracting at all from the experience because there is little to compare with a cruise but many holidaymakers will have suffered temporary high blood pressure levels when it comes time to squaring up at the end of the trip.
Let’s take a look at some of the expenses you could be faced with which can blow your cheap cruise holiday experience into an expensive one:
1. Drinking is one of the biggest expenses on a cruise ship. Just be aware, if you like a drink then be prepared to pay for it. Souvenir drinks are attractive; that is, drinks which come in specially designed glasses which you get to keep afterwards but how many souvenir glasses do you want to end up with?
2. Photos can be a brutal expense. Photographs are a great way to savor wonderful memories and there will be on board photographic services which will be happy to snap your picture everyday. But be warned they are not cheap. If you have your own camera then make sure you pack it.
3. Many inexperienced travelers will often think on shore excursions which are organized are part of the cruise experience but this is not usually the case. This is something you need to check with your travel professional before making your booking.
4. Entertainment is great on board a ship and most of it is free however, if you like to indulge in a little gambling and have a “soft spot” for slot machines be prepared to play the larger denomination machines because the smaller 1 and 2 cent machines can be hard to find.
5. On board staff and generally fantastic and it’s hard to beat the service you get on a ship. Again, it can come at a cost via gratuities and this is fair enough however, if you are from a place where tipping is foreign, just be prepared.
6. Some on board services are not included as part of the initial cheap cruise holiday price. These include grooming and beauty services. Meanwhile, medical services will cost you extra should you need attention on your trip.