Traveling with your children not only brings you all closer together but is a great way to open their eyes to a lot more of new knowledge and discovery about the world around them.
When the kids are with you in your travels, you need to be more prepared for their special needs and be ready to respond to those needs. The following tips will help you get prepared for traveling with children.
Here are a few useful things you should carry with you as you travel:
- antiseptic hand gel
- small tissue packs
- sun screen
- Dr.’s phone numbers
- Tylenol – children’s & adults
- a rubber door stop can provide extra security for a hotel room door
- small plug in nightlight – to help find the bathroom in the middle of the night
Here are a few things to help keep your kids busy and from getting bored:
- mechanical pencils
- highlighter – good for word search games
- deck of cards
- zip lock bags (collecting shells, storing food, wet clothes)
And, here are a few other important items to remember:
- sun glasses
- light weight wind breaker
- camera with extra film
- keep a photo of your child in your wallet – incase you loose them in a crowed area
- extra copy of birth certificates, photo id, travel reservations, airline tickets
Keep these pointers in mind and you will surely not miss the thrill and the fun of traveling with your kids.