There’s more to renting the car than just reserving it and paying for it.
To make sure that you get the best deal follow these steps and tips.
1. Choose three to four car rental firms from the phonebook or through the internet. Be sure to scan every possible company before you make your choice so you don’t overlook the best car rental.
2. Contact the agency and ask about their special offers, location, availability, pickup sites, rates, special rates, hotel and airline partnerships, extra charges, insurance. In short, everything you can think of that might help lower what you have to pay for your car rental.
3. Choose a pickup point that is near you so it won’t be a hassle. Some car rental companies pay for the cab ride you have to take, some pick you up at your home or at the airport to take you to your rental.
4. Pick a car that fits your needs and that will fit all the people you’ll have in it. If you’re alone just use a compact and you may be able to save some rental charges over larger vehicles.
5. Once you’ve decided on the car, remember to reserve it. Some car rentals include the reservation fee on the overall rent, some make it out to be an extra fee. Be sure to look out for this when get a car rental.
Read more Car Rental Tips